Civil Engineer/ Construction Estimator/Project Manager Wanted
- Must be able to read and understand construction bid documents including but not limited to specifications, manuals and blueprints for private, commercial, state and city-wide agency projects.
- Must be adept at reading and understanding construction contracts, and implementing cost projections based on job duration, labor, materials, and equipment required.
- Must have extensive experience with concrete work, rebar, asphalt work, masonry, carpentry, earth work and site work.
- Must be able to perform both scope verifications and estimates for multiple construction projects both simultaneously and continuously.
- Must possess reasonable foresight in projecting potential change order work for any project estimated.
- Must be able to calculate and order construction material required for projects.
- Must be able to provide submittals based on what is presented in the project specifications.
- Must have basic computer skills. Email, Internet research, Microsoft Office. Individuals experienced in using on screen take-off programs to perform estimates is strongly preferred.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Must value competent and effective communications skills.
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to an ever changing construction industry.
- Must have ability to coordinate all phases of construction (pre-construction, close outs, etc.)
- Must possess the experience to take appropriate actions (if required) to ensure the safety of all construction personnel.
- Must have a minimum 5 years experience in construction cost estimating and project management.
- A BS in Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Site and/or labor experienced individuals is preferred.
Nigel Marcellin, President
Genrus Corporation, MBE, DBE, Certified
200-31 Linden Blvd.
Saint Albans, NY 11412
Genrus Corp. is a DBE/MBE construction firm with over 15 years industrial experience, offering comprehensive commercial and residential site development services. Our commitment to quality workmanship, customer satisfaction, and professional integrity is what makes Genrus Corp. the highest standard for premier construction in New York, delivering high quality contracting and construction services citywide.
By taking on the role of community liaison to connect our member companies with individual members of the community in mutually beneficial relationships.
We know that your reputation is only as good as the results you get. That's why NYCHCC prides itself on a on a results-oriented approach.
To offer members of our community the opportunity to find the job that's right for them.
new york city hispanic chamber of commerce
We are celebrating 170 years and we are still growing. Dedicated to serving the Latino community, New York Life has career opportunities avaialable for people fluent in English, Spanish, or Portuguese with a great drive to succeed, the passion to make a difference, and the desire to love what they do. Click the following job posting to find out more:
Bilingual Spanish/Portuguese Financial Services Manager